Moving your family to another state or even a neighborhood takes a lot of planning researching and preparation. If you have chosen Colorado as your new home location there are many things that you have to look forward to. Great outdoors, safe neighborhoods and peaceful family life are just some them. Our list of Top places to raise a family in Colorado can probably help you choose the right location.
Louisville – one of the Top places to raise a family in Colorado
Great schools, low crime rate, amazing landscapes, and a safe community. If these are your top priorities when looking for Top places to raise a family in Colorado, look no more! Louisville has it all!
Schools in Louisville
Louisville is located in Boulder Valley school district which is considered to have some of the best schools in the state. There is one high school, a middle school and three elementary schools you can enroll your kids in.
The housing market in this small town has been in a rise since 2008. Even tough average house prices exceed $ 400,000, Louisville remains one of the most popular places for families moving to CO.
If you are looking for a home to buy in Louisville, you can choose from a variety of houses, condos, apartment and charming bungalows. The especially relevant thing here is to perform a Colorado realty detailed research.
Family homes for rent can be found for $2,500- 3,000 a month.
Economy of Louisville, one of the top places to raise a family in Colorado
The economy of Louisville is constantly growing. The median home income in Louisville is over $90,000 a year. Many of Louisville residents work in big tech companies located in Denver and Boulder.
Another important fact to keep in mind is that Colorado has the second lowest unemployment rate in the U.S.
The outdoors and community of this charming small town
With its population of around 20,000 people, Louisville is considered to be a closely connected community. Therefore you can expect to have quality family bonding time participating in some of many town events and festivals. The small town charm is one of the main reasons Louisville is considered to be one of the top places to raise a family in Colorado.
Louisville has many great parks and wildlife sanctuaries. Leon a Wurl Wildlife Sanctuary has many great hiking trails. Therefore, you can explore the nature and do outdoor exercising. Also, Louisville residents use bicycles as one of their main transportation methods. Therefore, besides having many great bike trails to explore the Colorado outdoors, you can contribute to the healthy lifestyle of Louisville by being eco-friendly and not driving.
Downtown Louisville is a place where you will find many great family-owned restaurants and shops. Especially relevant is the fact that Louisville is a walkable town and average commuting time is 22 minutes.
Boulder Colorado- another great place for raising your family
Just like any other Colorado town, Boulder is an outdoor loving community. Seems like Boulder wins all of the prizes when it comes to healthy lifestyle. Boulder is considered to be the healthiest city in the U.S.
Not persuaded yet? Let’s see the benefits of living in Boulder at a glance:
- Outdoor lifestyle.Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index ranks Boulder right on the top when it comes to the best communities for physical well-being.!
- Job opportunities.There are many successful startups in this great Colorado town. Therefore, Boulder is one of the best locations if you are looking for a job in the tech industry or thinking about starting your own business. In addition, you should know that the median family income in Boulder is $113,681 a year.
- The education.Boulder, one of the top places to raise a family in Colorado, has a high percentage of residents with a Ph.D.! Boulder High school has a 95% graduation rate. Also, the University of Colorado in Boulder is a top-ranked high education institution. Education is important here. So you will most likely live surrounded by young, smart and well-educated neighbors.
- Pet-friendly. Boulder is an extremely pet-friendly community. Therefore if you are looking to move to Colorado with your animal friends, you will more than welcome here!
- Recycling is important.As Colorado is an eco-friendly state, Boulder is no exception. Due to this fact, Boulder is on the path to becoming the greenest city worldwide. In addition to that, Boulderiets rather cycle and walk, than drive from place to place.
Housing in Boulder, one of the top places to raise a family in Colorado
Due to the fast-growing economy in Boulder, the average price of a reality in Boulder has grown by more than 20%. So this means that the median home value now is somewhere around $500,000.
There are many homes and apartments for rent, which have an average price of $2,000 a month.
As Boulder is majorly a college town, young people have opportunities of getting a roommate. In conclusion, you can save money by renting out part of your property.
Choosing a neighborhood when moving to Boulder
If you are looking for a peaceful neighborhood to start your family life in Boulder we recommend you consider the following 3 neighborhoods.
- East Foothills.This quiet residential community is a great place for families. There are many housing options to choose from. Being close to the Pearl St. Mall and downtown, also, makes this neighborhood one of the top places to raise a family in Colorado.
- County Meadows.If you are looking to both, save on housing costs, and find a safe neighborhood for your family County Meadows will feel like home. The home prices here are lower than in any other Boulder neighborhood. Also, there are many great outdoor locations for your family to explore the nature.
- Table Mesa South.Living close to South Boulder Recreation Center and having an everyday access to an indoor swimming pool will, probably, be the best perk of moving to this neighborhood. Also, this facility offers many great fitness activities for adults. Viele Park, which is located in this area will be a great plat place to spend your family afternoons.