If you are planning to relocate long distance, consider not doing everything by yourself. Make sure to find the reputable and reliable long distance movers in Denver to help with organizing everything. Also, don’t everything for the last minute. Moving can be quite stressful so you have to take time to find the best movers for the job and also take care of all other aspects of the move. If you move with your family, find out about the best Denver neighborhood for your new home. Don’t let anything to chance and follow a few simple steps to find the reputable long distance movers Denver that best suit your needs.
Where to start looking for long distance movers in Denver?
When looking for a reliable Denver moving company you should be careful. To avoid fraudulent movers, make sure to check the company you wish to hire. When you start looking for the great moving company, consider asking your family and friends for a referral. On the other hand, if some of your neighbors relocated to your area recently, ask them about their experience. That way you will save time searching for the reliable moving company near you. Also, if you are looking to hire a company to relocate your business it may be useful to like your colleagues for a referral. But if that is not your situation you will have to find the reliable long distance movers in Denver by yourself.
The best place to start looking for the long distance movers in Denver is online. Also, keep in mind that finding and hiring a reliable long distance mover in Denver may take time. That is why you should start looking a month or two before your relocation date. That way you will have time to organize your move in detail. Also, you can avoid stress when moving to Denver.
Signs of reliable and reputable long distance movers
First of all, when searching online, find a company that has the best reviews and a great online presence. The reputable long distance movers Denver offer a great online presence. That way you can find the most important information about the moving company. The good web page should have information about the company’s business. Companies with years of experience may offer great service and have their movers that are bonded and insured. Also, the companies show id they won any awards for their service online. Also all the certificates for their work they will be eager to display.
When searching for reputable long distance movers Denver makes sure you get all the information you can about the additional services the company offers. You can avoid fraudulent movers and the moving scams if you consider all the signs of reliable long distance movers Denver.
Reputable long distance movers Denver should have:
- Good reputation – Some companies are known for their name and service. With the great reputation, their service doesn’t get questioned. Reputable companies like these have businesses and offices all around the world.
- Trained sales representative – Companies that have great sales reps that are friendly and interested in your specific needs. With the great and pleasant approach, they invite the customers in even if they don’t the official contract with the company.
- Information – Great moving companies should share all the important information with their customers. They should offer all the contact information and give their customers the possibility to contact them at any time.
- References – When searching for the reliable long distance movers in Denver, make sure you ask your movers for references. They should provide you with customer reference for the last 12 months upon request. That way you will get a clear idea about the experiences other customers had with the moving company you wish to hire.
- Punctual, courteous and experienced workers – The workers who pack and handle your belongings should be punctual. They should arrive on time and respect your time frame. They should work the whole time they are on the job with the short breaks that are necessary. Also, they should be cleanly dressed, professional and courteous. And the most important thing, they should handle your belongings with care.
- Insurance – Reliable long distance movers in Denver should offer you insurance options for your relocation. Some companies may offer you more than one insurance policy for your items. On the other hand, with some moving professional you have the option to choose the best insurance policy and get additional insurance for your belongings when you move.
- Reliable quote – Reliable movers will do the estimate in person and explain all the charges.
What services can long distance movers in Denver offer you?
When finding the best long distance Denver movers, consider all of the additional services you can use for your long distance relocation. Before hiring any company, you should get a moving quote for your move. It will help if you find the movers near you. That way you can see their facilities in person before you sign the final agreement. Also, you should get inquired about the insurance policies that the company offers.
If you have any items of high value, you should discuss it with your movers. They should offer you reassurance that your high-value items will be safe and secure during transport and relocation. Best moving companies usually offer more than one insurance policy. In most cases, a regular insurance policy is included in the price of your move. But to be completely certain your items will be safe, ask the movers for options regarding insurance.
Reliable long distance movers Denver may also offer you packing services. For a long distance, relocation professionals recommend that you let your movers pack your belongings. That way in case of a damage, you can prove the damages. It is always best to use professional packing services for insurance purposes. Also, you don’t have to worry about getting all the packing materials. Professional movers Denver will provide all the packing supplies you may need for your move. They will use new moving boxes and other professional packing materials to wrap your belongings for safe relocation.
Professional moving companies also may offer storage services. When in need of a storage unit, make sure your company offers top-notch security systems in their facilities. Also, if you plan to store sensitive items, make sure that storage units have climate control.
Don’t forget to ask your movers for an estimate of the moving cost
When considering hiring long distance movers Denver, make sure you get a quote for your move. The moving quote is an estimate of your moving price. Professionals recommend that you get more than one moving quote from different moving companies. Also, when considering your budget for the move you can use an online moving calculator to get the idea of the moving price. But when you do that, don’t expect that the number you get is the final price of your move. You can get the official moving quote form your movers for a local move and a long distance move. Those quotes are calculated differently. For a long distance move, your movers may calculate the price of your move depending on the distance of your relocation and the final weight of your possessions.
Before you hire the long distance movers Denver makes sure you get informed about different types of moving quotes.
Types of moving quotes movers may offer
The non-binding moving quote is the estimate of the moving costs not common for long distance moves. This estimate is not the final price of the move. The final price of the move may vary and be above or below the estimate. With the non-binding estimate, your final moving costs may be higher than the non-binding estimate on your moving day. When using this quote, your movers may not include additional charges and costs. Those costs will be added to the final price of your move.
The binding moving estimate is the estimate of your final moving costs. You will receive this quote from your Denver movers as a written document. When you get the binding quote from your movers you can calculate your moving budget around your moving costs. The binding quote includes all additional costs the moving company may have like fuel surcharges, pay tolls etc. Also, if the actual costs of your move are lower than the estimate, you still have to cover the full amount of the quote. But the movers cannot add any additional charges.
Not to exceed an estimate
Not to exceed estimate is also known as “guaranteed price” or “price protection” estimate. And not all moving companies offer this type of estimate. Also, it is the more common type of estimate used for a long distance relocation. The moving quote you receive is the top price you may pay. On the other hand, if your cargo weight happens to be lower than estimated than the total costs are also lower. This is the most consumer-friendly type of estimate that the move that reputable long distance movers Denver offer. If the moving costs happen to be over the estimate, you don’t pay any overages.
Sings of the unreliable moving company in Denver
- Fraudulent movers lack specificity – When you talk to rogue movers they may be vague while they give out information about the company itself. When researching long distance movers Denver, find out all the information about the company. If you cannot find any specific information, you may be dealing with fraudulent movers.
- Poor online presence – If the company doesn’t have the professional web page or a poorly built page without much information you may be dealing with rogue movers. Also, if there are no social media activity may indicate the same thing.
- No online reviews – If there are negative moving reviews about the company you plan to hire, you will know that is the company you shouldn’t hire. On the other hand, if there are no online reviews about the company you research, that is a red flag. One of the signs of reliable long distance movers Denver is that you can find their reviews on various online sites.
- The use generic terms – If your movers representative doesn’t answer the phone with the generic answer instead of the full company name, you may be alarmed. Also, if your movers don’t give any referrals, the company’s ID number or the company’s official address, you may be dealing with fraudulent movers.
- Not doing in-home estimates – Most reliable moving companies will do the moving estimate in person. If the moving company you like refuses to send the representative to do in person estimate for your move, that is the red flag. Sometimes fraudulent movers give you a low-ball estimate. That way they lure their customers and after that, they tend to add fees and charges for your move.
- Large deposits in advance – Some movers ask for large deposits or advance payments in advance. That is more than unusual and may be a red flag.
In the end, check the moving company’s credentials
When you find reliable long distance movers Denver you like, consider checking their credentials before you sign the official agreement. It is very easy to check the company’s credentials when you get all the information about the company. After you receive the company’s ID number, go to the Better Bussines Bureau web site. You can use your information to check the company’s status and reviews. On the other hand, you can check if your long distance movers Denver have a license at FMCSA. That way you will avoid fraudulent movers and problems while relocating.