Moving a business is a tough and a stressful job, but still, a lot of entrepreneurs do it. “Why,” you ask? Well, it may be that the grass is always greener on the other side. Most of the entrepreneurs will consider relocation as a way to grow their business and check some better odds for a success. If you are considering moving your business from Colorado to Canada, this is the time to read our little guide. We will give you some tips how to move to Canada and make that process easy and fast.
Why moving a business from Colorado to Canada?
This is a huge step, and moving your business from Colorado to Canada can be expensive and time-consuming. There are some risks, too, like losing some of your clients, employees or just spending more than you actually planned.That’s why it is natural that you are still thinking about it. Here are the reasons why you should definitely move.
- Canada is the happiest place. For real, this country is ranked first in G7 countries, and sixth globally, on the list of the happiest countries. Factors that are considered here are GDP, social support, social freedom, and safety -everything you need for a successful business.
- You want to expand your business. Either you are moving locally or to another state, expanding your business is a great idea. Expanding your client range and introducing your business to the new environment is the first step to success.
- Canada is great for business -This county is top-ranked for its tax competitiveness and Toronto is one of the most affordable cities in the world. It also takes high positions in innovation, the stock market, and technology. Cybersecurity is also a strong point – Canada is doing a lot to increase security in cyberspace.
Here are some more reasons why you should move to Canada:
How to move your business?
As we already mentioned, moving your business from Colorado to Canada can be time-consuming and above all, costly. If you have already decided to move, now you need to plan that process carefully. You also need to think about everything – the costs (saving some dollars is always a plus) , the space, way to pack your things,etc.Follow this simple guide to see how to prepare for your move properly and reduce costs as much as possible and make this process quick and easy.
- Start on time. It is important not to leave packing for the last day. Even though you may think you don’t have a lot of things, moving your business from Colorado to Canada is never an easy task. So start early and pack the things you don’t need every day first, like documents and old files.
- Reduce moving costs while packing. Things like old printers, monitors, and phones need to be changed or you just don’t need them anymore. Now is the time to either sell, recycle or donate them, and therefore reduce moving costs. You can always buy things like that in Canada. To save some more money, find some used boxes of your friends and family, or find some at a local furniture store or supermarket.
- Hire a professional – nobody can help you better than a professional moving company. Contact Toronto commercial movers in advance, and arrange your move. Check for the price quotes and insurance with a couple of companies if necessary and choose the best one. But be careful – not everything that is cheap is good!
- Move your electronics carefully – the electronic devices that you decided to move with you need to be packed carefully. If though it may not seem like that, gadgets are very sensitive to shaking and temperature, and in Canada can be really cold. That’s why you need to remove cables first (don’t forget to label them so it will be easier to take them back later). After that Remove any cartridges and lids, and pack them separately. Everything, especially monitors, needs to be protected from damage and low temperatures. So use some extra blankets, carton, and boxes.
The things you need to do after moving your business from Colorado to Canada
After weeks and months of planning, you’ve finally landed in Canada. You arrived in your new office and unpacked a little bit. Now here are some things you need to do after you arrived.
- Update your contact information – after you move, you need to inform basically everyone. Apart from sending messages and emails to your friends and family, you need to inform your clients as well. The easiest thing to do here is to update your website and social networks, and also post some news about your move.
- Choose a bank – this is very important. If you need to change the bank completely, start the process of closing your old account and creating new since it can take a bit of time.
- Notify the local post office – to receive new mail and packages, you need to go to your local post office and update your address.
- Find a good storage – after you moved, you will need a storage space for your new office. Check out storage facilities in Toronto and find a space that will hold your boxes and things you need during settling in your new office.
Relocating a startup may seem over-whelming and something you feel like is impossible to do. We understand. Moving your business from Colorado to Canada means you are changing countries, you may need to adapt to the new system and rules. But that shouldn’t be something that scares you. If you plan everything carefully and in advance, and you follow our simple guide to relocation, everything will be just fine. Even though a relocation may be a risky jump, it is probably going to be a positive one. So plan your move in detail, try to reduce all the unnecessary costs and pack your office to a new start. We wish you all the best!